Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's a sweet salmon that's literally "melt in your mouth" good. It calls for more bourbon than most recipes, but the brown sugar really balances it out.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and bourbon.
- Remove salmon skin and cut into four pieces.
- In a glass dish, place the salmon side by side.
- Pour about 3/4 of the marinade over the salmon, saving 1/4 for basting while grilling.
- Refridgerate for about an hour. 30 minutes into marinating, turn salmon over.
- Grill over med-high for about 5-7 minutes on each side, basting while grilling.
- When salmon starts to fall apart, it's done. I would recommend laying tin foil on the grill and spraying it with non-stick spray prior to grilling.