Recipe by AussieShay
Easy to make, very aromatic lamb casserole that I just made up from ingredients I had on hand!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
A very easy-to-make casserole with lovely flavours. I made this as written, except that my crockpot is on the blink, so I cooked it in the oven on a low heat (160C). There wasn't quite enough liquid to keep it from sticking, so I added almost a cup of white wine in the third hour, and gave everything a good stir to loosen the sticky bits. The cooked lemons are divine. Made and enjoyed for Pick a Chef.
- 1 1⁄4 kg lamb, diced in to 1 cm cubes.i used chump chops
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 -3 tablespoons mountain mixed spice (but lemon pepper would do just a well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown lamb in a frypan, toss in your crockpot with all the other ingredients. Cook on high for two hours and then turn down to low for a further two hours.
- Serve with steamed vegies of your choice.
- Delicious for cold winter evenings !
- Smells divine while cooking.