Recipe by MissMia
This was so fast for me to throw together and surprisingly tasty. If you like cellophane noodle soups & bean sprouts you might just love this! If you do this according to the directions the noodles and vegetables will come out right. If you do it out of order you may end up with mushy noodles. Polite request: If you change the ingredients or directions please don't rate it with the changes because you'll be rating a recipe other than this one. =)
- 4 garlic cloves, very large cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 carrot, cut in half lengthwise & sliced into thin half moons
- 1 stick celery, cut in half lengthwise & sliced
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth, MUST BE Campbells
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can bean sprouts
- 3 3⁄4 ounces bean threads, Use only 2/3 (cellophane noodles)
- cilantro, handful, chopped
- 1 scallions or 1 green onion, sliced
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop vegetables as directed above.
- Soak the bean threads in very hot water in a sauce pan for four minutes. Place the pan on a burner and heat to just about boiling. Remove from heat.
- In a medium sized soup pan, sautee the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery with salt to taste, until the onion is soft and the other vegetables are tender crisp. Add chicken broth, drained bean threads (cellophane noodles), shrimp, mushrooms with liquid, and bean sprouts.
- Heat briefly until the shrimp is well cooked.
- Serve each bowl topped with cilantro and green onion and the optional ingredients below.
- HIGHLY Suggested but Optional: Bottle of red habanero sauce, plate of: lime wedges, fresh basil, and raw bean sprouts instead of the canned sprouts - serve the soup boiling hot and have each diner drop the fresh sprouts in their own bowl.