Recipe by Strawberry Girl
We've taken all the work out of making luscious chocolate truffles but kept in every bit of extravagant flavor. There's no need for time consuming rolling -- just cut the truffles into squares. For the perfect hostess gift, place each truffle square in a candy cup and nestle in a decorative gift box.
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (300 g) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup liqueur (whatever flavor you like)
- to taste Nestles Quik or to taste icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9-inch (2.5 L) square cake pan with foil; set aside.
- In medium heavy saucepan, combine evaporated milk and sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to full boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and liqueur; stir vigorously until chocolate is melted and smoothly combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares. Toss squares in chocolate drink mix until coated.
- Place in foil or paper candy cups and keep refrigerated until just before serving. (Squares can be layered between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerated for up to 1 week.)
- Alcohol Tip: For a nonalcohol version, substitute hot strong coffee made with Nescafe Rich Blend. Instant Coffee or Nescafe Instant Espresso. for the liqueur.