Recipe by The Dirty Kitchen
A delicious tea that brings you back home and delightfully impresses anyone who tastes it.
- 1 family-size tea bags or 3 -4 regular tea bags
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened lemon kool-aid (I specifically use Lemonade Kool-Aide)
- 1 gallon water
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place teabags in a 4 cup microwavable safe container (I use a pyrex measuring cup). For a tea with more body, double the tea bag amounts.
- 2. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- 3. Place sugar and koolaide in empty gallon size container.
- 4. Pour hot tea from microwave into the empty container with the sugar and koolaide squeezing out teabags. Stir hot liquid until sugar is dissolved.
- 5. Fill container with remaining water and enjoy.
- The lemon sweet tea will be warm at first. Its great over ice and it's so good that it is still delicious even when ice melts in it. Refrigerate for a few hours to enjoy cold. It's served best over ice.