You've got to try this! This is my mom's recipe--it's delicious and easy to prepare! Kids love it, too! The recipe calls for bread crumbs, but we prefer crushed Ritz crackers. Depending on the size of your zucchini, most people can eat two halves.
- Wash zucchini; boil whole for 5 to 10 minutes--no more.
- Cut off ends and slice in halves lengthwise.
- Place in single layer in buttered casserole dish.
- Melt butter and mix in cheddar cheese, sour cream, salt, paprika, and chives.
- Pour over zucchini.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs or crackers and then parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly.