Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I didn't have all the ingredients I needed to make a different banana bread recipe so I improvised and this is what I came up with. Its very moist. The best banana bread I have made.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or evoo)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 large bananas, 3 small)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat oil and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, then add to batter.
- Lastly, add nuts and/ or fruit (if you use both reduce each measurement to 1/4 cup).
- Spread into greased bread pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on rack before slicing.
Great recipe! I added 1/4c of flax seed meal. Next time I will increase the banana and the optional ingredients... I might add some nutmeg too. Thank you for posting!
Very good! I used turbinato sugar instead of brown because that is what I had on hand. I think perhaps I'll use a little more banana to make it more moist next time. I added raisins and it was a nice sweet touch. A delicious recipe. I will make again.
This is a gastronomic taste sensation for the senses, a wonderful and very satisfying banana bread that is not to sweet and I thoroughly enjoyed. I followed the recipe as written and simply substituted splenda brown sugar blend and eggbeaters to account for a strict cardiac diet. I also used Whole Wheat Graham Flour. I chose to use sliced almonds for the nuts and raisins and this will become my new recipe for banana bread. Thanks for sharing!