Recipe by *all4him*
I didn't have all the ingredients I needed to make a different banana bread recipe so I improvised and this is what I came up with. Its very moist. The best banana bread I have made.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or evoo)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 large bananas, 3 small)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat oil and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, then add to batter.
- Lastly, add nuts and/ or fruit (if you use both reduce each measurement to 1/4 cup).
- Spread into greased bread pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on rack before slicing.