1/1 Photo of Delicious Whole Wheat Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
I didn't have all the ingredients I needed to make a different banana bread recipe so I improvised and this is what I came up with. Its very moist. The best banana bread I have made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or evoo)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 large bananas, 3 small)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Beat oil and brown sugar together.
- 3Add eggs, mix well.
- 4Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- 5Stir in flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- 6Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, then add to batter.
- 7Lastly, add nuts and/ or fruit (if you use both reduce each measurement to 1/4 cup).
- 8Spread into greased bread pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- 9Cool on rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 173.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g