Recipe by foodlust
DELICIOUS! Low cal muffins that keep you satisfied and taste great. What more could you ask for? Altered Recipe from Red Mill product: 10 Grain Hot cereal. This is an altered recipe I came up with on the fly... not too different from the recipe on the package, but easier to make in bulk. These ones are also a lot fluffier in my roommate's and my opinion. They freeze well and make for a great breakfast!!
Top Review by Outta Here
Very moist on the inside and a nice crunchy texture on the outside. Nice flavor. I will try next time with turbinado and perhaps some dried cherries and cinnamon for added flavor. This is a very good basic muffin that could have several different "add-ins". I cut the recipe in fourth and made mine as 6 jumbo muffins and baked about 5 minutes longer. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsalted butter
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar or 2 cups turbinado sugar
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 cups multi grain hot cereal (Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain hot cereal)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1: preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2: Mix Red Mill hot cereal and buttermilk well, let sit for 10 minutes.
- 3: In the meantime, cream butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
- 4: add all ingredients EXCEPT eggs into the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- 5: Combine both mixtures, ADD IN THE EGGS, and mix well AGAIN.
- 6: grease muffin tins, distribute mixture equally and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.