Recipe by Um Safia
Here is a lovely soup recipe straight from this months Morrisons magazine. It is such a beautiful colour & the idea of mustardy creme fraiche is really a nice change!
- 1 leek, chopped
- 300 g celeriac, peeled & diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g watercress, washed
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 pinch fresh nutmeg, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Slowly cook the leek & celeriak in oil for 7-8 minutes, until softened. Add stock & bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Remove the tough stems from the watercress & discard. Add watercress to the pan & cook for 1-2minutes, until just wilted. Allow to cool a little then whizz in a food processor until smooth.
- Return soup to the pan & reheat. Stir in the cream & season.
- Mix the creme fraiche with the mustard. Ladle soup into bowls & top with the mustardy creme fraiche & a sprinkling of the grated nutmeg.