Recipe by Chef Lady Valdez
These are very easy to make and very good =). I got the recipe off of a Good Housekeeping magazine a couple of years ago.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) bag walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In large bowl, w/ mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour and salt just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape dough by rounded measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 13-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Place confectioners' sugar in pie plate. While cookies are hot, with metal spatula, transfer 4 or 5 cookies at a time to pie plate with confectioners' sugar. gently turn cookies w/ fork to generously coat with sugar. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough and confectioners' sugar. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar before serving if you like.