Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the winning recipe from the Thursday magazine dated Dec 25-31'03. It is oh so good! I will be treating my dad to this this year on Valentine's day. I hope you will enjoy it too with your special someone, friends and family! Happy Valentine's Day!
- 1 cup vermicelli, crushed (known as "sewaiyan" in Hindi)
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk (1%) or 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, cut into small pcs.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, cut into small pcs.
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, cut into small pcs.
- Fry the vermicelli in ghee for 2 minutes to make it crispier.
- Remove from ghee and keep aside.
- Now in the same ghee, add milk powder, sugar and the liquid milk (fat-free or 1%).
- Keep stirring continuously, so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 15 minutes, the mixture will become thicker.
- Now add cardamom powder, cashew nuts, almonds, raisins and then the vermicelli.
- Mix well and cook for 5 seconds.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Now, take a tray and grease it with 2 to 3 drops of ghee.
- Then, spread the above prepared mixture evenly into the tray.
- Garnish it with coconut powder.
- Cut into desired shape and size.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes so as to allow the pieces to set.
- Serve cold.