I received this wonderful recipe from my sister. I love that the only preparation needed is to chop up some garlic and herbs. I really like flavor of this soup's base as it is seasoned with garlic, herbs, tomatoes and chicken. This is a great meal to make when time is short. Lastly, I do not care for red peppers. In most recipes, I won't include them. Thankfully I tried this with the red peppers included, and I can't imagine this soup without them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (enough to cover bottom of large pan)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 -4 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 6 -8 cooked chicken breast strips, cut in cubes
- 1 (9 ounce) package ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) package tortellini, any flavor
- 1Cover bottom of pan with olive oil.
- 2Add garlic, herbs, and mushrooms.
- 3Cook until mushrooms are mostly limp.
- 4Add all ingredients through red peppers.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Add chicken and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Add ravioli (or tortellini) and simmer for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Veggie & Herb Ravioli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1365.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked chicken breast strips