Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I received this wonderful recipe from my sister. I love that the only preparation needed is to chop up some garlic and herbs. I really like flavor of this soup's base as it is seasoned with garlic, herbs, tomatoes and chicken. This is a great meal to make when time is short. Lastly, I do not care for red peppers. In most recipes, I won't include them. Thankfully I tried this with the red peppers included, and I can't imagine this soup without them.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (enough to cover bottom of large pan)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 -4 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 6 -8 cooked chicken breast strips, cut in cubes
- 1 (9 ounce) package ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) package tortellini, any flavor
- Cover bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Add garlic, herbs, and mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are mostly limp.
- Add all ingredients through red peppers.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add ravioli (or tortellini) and simmer for 10 minutes.