Emily Rose's Note:
This is a really good soup! It's not hard to make. I'm only 14 and I made it. My family loved it and keep begging me to make it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried Italian herb seasoning (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme etc.)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- 5 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups of small conchiglie (shell pasta)
- 4 tablespoons of minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1In a soup pot or large saucepan, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat, stirring often,for about 8 minutes.
- 2Add the dried herb seasoning and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- 3Place the tomatoes in a blender and break them into smaller chunks and then add to the pot.
- 4Add the water-mixed beef broth or beef cube and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered for 15 minutes so the flavors can blend.
- 6Add the vegetables and conchiglie.
- 7Simmer uncovered over medium heat until they are tender, maybe 10 minutes.
- 8Season the soup with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Vegetable Beef Soup
Serving Size: 1 (942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.6 mg
- Sodium 1200.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian herb seasoning