Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
As a new vegan I have learned to experiment in completely new ways. I have also discovered that it is suddenly very hard for me to eat my required amounts because everything is so filling! I came up with this after dinner treat as a way of sneaking in an additional serving of both fruit and legumes. :) This is incredibly simple and fast as well, which makes it even better. It is very easy to change up and add to as well - and always turns out fantastic!
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream (I use Tofutti non-dairy.)
- 1 cup soymilk (I use Silk.)
- 1⁄2 cup fruit (Approximate. 1/2 cup of berries, melon or pineapple. If using fresh fruit then one whole fruit. Bana)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash organic sugar (If you can find it I recommend honeytree's imitation sugar free honey, it's fantastic.) or 1 dash artificial sweetener (If you can find it I recommend honeytree's imitation sugar free honey, it's fantastic.)
- Toss the ice cream and milk into the blender.
- Coarsely cut up fruit if needed.
- Top with vanilla extract, sweetener and flax if desired.
- Bland for about 30 seconds.
- Feel free to experiment with the basics, it always turns out tasty. If you want a smoothie texture fruit should be room temperature or chilled, if you want a thicker treat, freeze fruit beforehand.