Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great, tasty, everyboby enjoyed it!
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 14.79 ml butter
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 10-9 skinned and sliced peaches
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour (optional)
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In one bowl combine sugars, cornstarch, flour, 2/4 cinnamon, and 1/4 nutmeg.
- In another bowl combine peaches, butter, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Create your pie crust. Add the crust to the bottom of your 9 inch baking dish. Bake for 10 minute.
- Sprinkle half of your sugar mixture on to the baked bottom pie crust.
- Add the peach mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture in top of the peaches.
- Add pie crust on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon, lemon juice and nutmeg on top. (If you are lazy the exact measurments are -- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.).
- Cook for 45 minute.
- Cool for 10 minute.
- And most importantly ENJOY!
Thank you for posting this recipe. I made this yesterday for a dinner party on a friends deck. The first of the seasons peaches are in and this pie was the perfect way to enjoy them. Everyone raved about how wonderful it was. I will make this one over and over!
This was my first Peach Pie I had ever made. It was fantastic!! I got fresh peaches from the orchard, it was pheonominal. One slice isn't enough... Would definitely make it again and would highly recommend it. Thank you.
Fabulous! Recipe turned out just peachy! I had tiny little peaches so I ended up with 7 cups of sliced fruit. I made this in a deep dish and ran low on top crust so I did the latice. I had another peach pie recipe that called for grenadine syrup (better homes gardens) so I thought I'd add some to this pie, 3 TBL spns. very nice. I almost forgot about the lemon, cinnamon and nutmeg for the top, but once I mixed it up it seemed like TOO much spice for the top, so just a dash of cinn, nutmeg and sugar. Turned out great!