Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband & I love baked trout & baked salmon. This is a lovely recipe which you can use either fish in or even haddock. It is very simple to make, ready in 25 miuntes & is truly delicious! This recipe uses a ready made rub but you can make your own by mixing 4 tbsp sun dried tomatoes (with the olive oil they come in) & 1 tbsp of fresh torn basil & a pinch of sea salt. Blitz in a mini food processor or mortar & pestle.
- 200 g baby courgettes, quartered
- 25 g butter
- 4 -5 teaspoons sun-dried tomato olive basil rub
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 trout fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- boiled new potato, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C Cut 4 large squares of tin foil, each large enough to enclose the trout in a loose parcel. Dive the courgettes equally between them & dot withthe butter.
- Mix the rub with the olive oil & spreas over the trout fillets, rubbing it in lightly. Put the trout on the vegetables & top with the slices of lemon.
- To wrap, fold the foil to make loose parcels with enough space inside allow the air to circulate. Tightly seal the edges by folding over twice. Put the parcels on a baking tray & cook in the oven for 20 mintes.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes.
I had a bag of trout pieces that I was needing a recipe for and this was perfect. Because I had more than the four fillets to cook, I made the recipe casserole-style and scaled up the ingredients to fit into a 9x13 pan. I put the quartered zucchini on the bottom of the pan and laid the rubbed trout over them, topping the dish off with the lemons and butter, covering the dish tightly with foil. It turned out beautifully, and everyone loved the dish. We'll definitely make this dish again! Thanks!
I'm giving this a four star only because the zucchini turned out overcooked but the fish was delish! Next time I'll just split them up. I mixed up some sundried tomatoes, dried basil (all I had), evoo, and threw in a couple cloves of garlic. I rubbed it on the fish, put in the packet and grilled on indirect heat for about 20 minutes. Yummy!