Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are sooo good!
Top Review by Karri O
AWESOME!!! I made these a couple hours ago and could not wait to let them fully cool to eat. I loved everything about them. i did seem to run low on caramel mixture so I added about 1/4 cup of caramel ice cream topping to fill in the bare spots. When I swirled the chocolate chips the ice cream topping mixed in nicely. It's too bad my kids are nutaphobics, my hubby and I will have to eat them all!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecans or 2 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
- 25 caramels
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream or 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an ungreased 13 x 9" baking pan then line with heavy-duty foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and sugar, then blend in butter until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread pecans in one layer over the dough in the pan.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutesor until base is slightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine caramels and cream; warm over medium-low heat stirring constantly until all the caramels have melted completely.
- Immediately drizzle caramel mixture over nuts.
- Scatter the chocolate chips over top; let stand 2-3 minutes, then swirl through chocolate with a knife; allow to cool before cutting into bars.