Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The stock makes the soup very rich , the pine nuts and wild rice make it unique
- 5 quarts easy turkey broth
- 2 lbs cooked turkey meat, cut into bitesize pieces
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- heat turkey stock (see my easy recipe).
- in separate sautee pan melt butter and lightly brown pine nuts.
- add celery,mushrooms, carrots, onion,spinach and pine nuts to stock-cooking to tender approx 30 minutes-.
- add turkey meat and rice 5 minutes before serving.
- serve with crusty dinner rolls,.
- warm soup great for cold winter night.