- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- dill pickle slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, 2 slices of Canadian bacon and turkey, pickles, onions, and top of with another slice of cheese.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter as needed.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.