Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taste of Home
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, 2 slices of Canadian bacon and turkey, pickles, onions, and top of with another slice of cheese.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter as needed.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Oh man, we LOVE these sandwiches. Very hearty and filling. The canadian bacon and turkey together is a brilliant combination. We dipped them in extra BBQ sauce. Scrumpdillyumptious!!! Thanks Nurse Di.
This is a fun and delicious sandwich. I needed to find something out of the ordinary to use up our turkey left-overs. The ingredients go well together and the tartness of the dill pickle is a good idea. Very filling and my family loved it. :)
Delicious is right, and different too. I have made these twice already I love them so much. The BBQ sauce is a big plus as far as I am concerned. The CB, turkey and cheese are a yummy combination. Grilled to perfection and I was in heaven. Thanks Nurse Di.