1/1 Photo of Delicious Tuna-Mushroom Noodle Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe goes back years, it is a family favorite that I still make to this day, and I have also make it using cooked chicken or cooked turkey in place of the tuna, is a easy basic casserole, but it has tons of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 -2 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (can use red bell pepper or use both!)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flaked solid white tuna, well drained (I just use a small can or can add in 2 cans)
- 1 (375 g) package egg noodles, cooked
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs or 3/4 cup finely ground cracker crumb
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- 3In a skillet saute the onion, celery, green bell peppers and garlic (if using) in butter for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from the heat and slowly add in the milk.
- 6Return to the heat and whisk until thickened and the sauce comes to a boil, then season with salt and pepper.
- 7Add in mushrooms, cheddar cheese and tuna; mix to combine, then add in the cooked egg noodles.
- 8Transfer to a baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle with bread crumbs then Parmesan cheese if using, then drizzle with melted butter.
- 10Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Tuna-Mushroom Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.3
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 164.9 mg
- Sodium 515.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
solid white tuna