Recipe by Dave C
Mom made this for use for years. My grandkids love it.
Top Review by rainwalkersarah
This is a good basic sauce recipe, and it's very easy. I only used 1 tablespoon of crushed red peppers, and the sauce had a kick to it. If I make it again, I'll scale the pepper flakes back even more. I'm afraid that 2 tablespoons would have made it WAY too spicy.
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cans water
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons crushed chili peppers
- meatballs (from Swedish Meatballs)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep saute pan.
- Saute Garlic in oil.
- Add remainder of ingredients, but meat balls.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 1/2-3 hours .
- The longer you simmer the thicker the sauce.
- Last 15 minutes add meat balls.
- Serve over fresh cooked spaghetti.