1/1 Photo of Delicious Tomato Salsa (Recipe for Canning)
This amazing salsa recipe is a family favorite, shared by my sister-in-law Rosanna. Great for those summer-fresh veggies! Wear gloves to avoid 'burns' from chopping peppers! ENJOY! Fabulous to add in some fresh cilantro and oregano also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 cups roma tomatoes, chopped (you can substitute 'standard' tomatoes, but they will be juicier)
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper (chopped or minced)
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 tablespoons Clear Jel, that will not break down in high heat during processing. don't substitute (Clear Jel is a modified food starch (powdered form)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (optional)
- 1Wash tomatoes and dip in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds or until skins split.
- 2Dip in cold water, slip off skins, and remove cores.
- 3Chop all the vegetables and place them into a large saucepan.
- 4Stir in next six ingredients.
- 5Mix ClearJel with a little water until smooth; add slowly to chopped vegetables.
- 6Heat to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Fill jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- 8Place lids, screw on bands fingertip-tight and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at up to 1000 feet in elevation; 20 minutes up to 6000 feet in elevation and 25 minutes over 6000 feet.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Tomato Salsa (Recipe for Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (3525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2186.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: