As the name implies, this salad is absolutely delicious. Everyone that's ever eaten it ooooh's and aaaah's about how great it tastes. Plan ahead, as preparation begins the night before. (Prep time does not include refrigeration time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 Red Delicious apples, unpeeled
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, packed in juice
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped Spanish peanut
- lemon juice
- additional chopped Spanish peanut (to garnish)
- 1The night before, drain pineapple juice from can into a sauce pan, saving the juice.
- 2In a bowl, combine the drained pineapple and marshmallows; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Combine the sugar and flour into the pineapple juice in saucepan.
- 4Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove pan from heat and VERY SLOWLY, add well beaten egg to the cooked mixture.
- 6Return pan to heat and cook 2 minutes.
- 7Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Next day, cut apples into bitesize chunks, squirting with a little lemon juice to keep from turning brown.
- 9In a large serving bowl, combine apples, peanuts, and pineapple/marshmallow mixture.
- 10Combine the whipped topping and juice mixture.
- 11Stir well into the apple mixture and chill a few hours before serving.
- 12Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Taffy Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 29.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g