Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy and so delicious, especially in the summer, as a main dish lunch or supper with fresh bread or as a side dish to grilled fish or chicken
- clean and cut zucchini in quarters long ways and then into cubes.
- cut off kernels from ears of corn.
- slice onion into rounds, VERY thinly.
- melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and corn and sautee until onions are clear NOT browned.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 1/2 cup fresh cold water.
- Cover skillet.
- Cook on medium until veggies are tender.
- Drain any excess water, add parsley and cheese, cover until melted and serve.
Fantastic way to use leftover corn on the cob. Since I was using leftover, I added the corn and zucchini at the same time. I didn't add the water because the zucchini gives off it's own water and then I didn't need to drain off excess. The finished dish is colorful and very tasty. Thanx for a new zuke recipe!
This was absolutely delicious. I used olive oil instead of butter and it was still very good. And the colours of the zucchini and corn made it a beautiful dish!!