Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a replica of the delicious stuffed mushrooms served at Chessecake Factory and want to share it here. Enjoy them.
- 12 large mushrooms, rinsed (can use Portobello or Shiitake mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine (or use Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese, grated (divided)
- Clean mushrooms with a clean cloth. Remove stems and chop them finely. Brush mushroom tops with olive oil with a brush.
- Saute chopped garlic and green onion in the butter. Add parsley, oregano, chopped stems, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, 1/4 cup wine and mix well.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup of the Fontina cheese to moist enough to stick together. (Add more wine if needed).
- Stuff mushroom caps quite high and top with the rest of 1/4 cup of fontina cheese. Place them in a 12x14 baking dish slightly oiled.
- Take remaining 1/2 cup wine and pour into bottom of baking dish, (it will run off to make a sauce and it is OK to drizzle some extra wine over the top of caps, if you like).
- Bake in pre-heated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts and mushrooms are cooked through. Spoon pan liquid over mushrooms and serve.
- Note: these are great at room temperature, or even still oven warm. Enjoy.
- MY PERSONAL UPDATED NOTE: I made this recipe again according with the last review to make the necessary corrections for the wine sauce and adding more cheese to make the sauce thicker and better. Hope this helps to improve this recipe.
I tried this recipe several times. The first time was a gigantic mess; the stuffing just melted into the pan with all the wine. The wine was wrong too. The cheescake factory mushrooms are actually made with a madeira wine sauce (3 cups madeira wine, 2 cups beef broth, 1 tbl butter, some heavy cream boil to simmer) I grated fontina cheese on the top of the caps, and broiled them for 5-10 minutes. The mushrooms came out fine, and the the sauce is so close, but it's still not correct, b/c I can't seem to get the wine sauce to thicken...but that's the closest to the cheesecake factory mushrooms as I've gotten