1/14 Photos of Delicious Strawberry Cupcakes & Strawberry Frosting
Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe came from the Martha Stewart Show. Saw these made and knew I had to have this recipe. Made these for my husband for Valentine's Day and our 6th year anniversary. They are wonderful!! Made with fresh strawberries in both cupcake and frosting. NOTE:: For best results.... let butter and eggs come to room temperature before using and use pure vanilla extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350'.
- 2Using cupcake liners, place 12 liners in a muffin pan and set to the side.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set a side.
- 4In a food processor or blender add strawberries and process until pureed.
- 5Empty pureed strawberries into a 1/3c measuring cup and set aside. Add rest of strawberry puree to a small bowl and set aside to use in the frosting.
- 6Using a electric mixer with bowl, cream butter on medium high speed until lightly fluffy.
- 7Gradually add sugar and continue to mix until well blended. Reduce speed to low and slowly add one egg and egg whites and mix until lightly blended.
- 8Add vanilla extract if using.
- 9Mix together milk and 1/3c strawberry puree.
- 10Alternate flour and milk mixture to mixer slowly ending with flour. Scrap down sides of bowl and continue to blend well.
- 11Using a ice cream scoop or tablespoon, add batter to prepared muffin cups.
- 12Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 13Cool cupcakes completely on a wire rack before adding the frosting.
- 14To make the Strawberry Frosting:.
- 15Using a electric mixer with bowl, add 1 cup butter (soften) and salt and blend on medium high until fluffy.
- 16Reduce speed to low and add powdered sugar and blend well.
- 17Add vanilla extract and 3TBS of the strawberry puree, blend well.
- 18Using a knife frost the cupcakes and top with decorative candies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Strawberry Cupcakes & Strawberry Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g