Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another I've not tried, but looks good! Times are an estimate till I make it. Please let me know how long it took if you make it first!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 steaks
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 15 minutes, until soft.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and simmer until syrupy.
- Season, tip into a dish and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan until very hot.
- Add the steaks and cook for 1 ½ minutes on each side. (Longer if you prefer it well done).
- Top the steaks with the onion and serve with spinach, roasted tomatoes and mashed potato on the side.
It is prettty good, but I couldnt eat a lot of it.
Delicious!!! I always served my steaks with either sauteed or grilled onions and I when I saw this in your recipes, I just had to tag and try them. I was already planning steaks for last nights dinner, so just needed to make your recipe for the onions. I cut the recipe in half to serve 2 and used vidalia onion (what I had on hand), but otherwise made as written. Loved the added sweetness from the brown sugar and tang of the basalmic vinegar. The only part I didn't do was step 6 in the directions, nothing about them in the ingredients. Thanks for posting Luschka!!! Made for photo tag.