Recipe by CVC
This is a very tasty, yet simple dish to make. Garden grown squash are by far the most flavorful to use but depending on the season whatever available will be fine. It has been a favorite in my family for years. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs squash
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 15 -18 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and de-seed squash.
- Cut into large cubes and steam in boiling water until soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- Drain squash and mash.
- Add onion in with the butter and melt in microwave.
- Mix together squash, butter, onion, egg, crackers and salt and pepper.
- Place in buttered casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown.