This is a very tasty, yet simple dish to make. Garden grown squash are by far the most flavorful to use but depending on the season whatever available will be fine. It has been a favorite in my family for years. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Peel and de-seed squash.
- 3Cut into large cubes and steam in boiling water until soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- 4Drain squash and mash.
- 5Add onion in with the butter and melt in microwave.
- 6Mix together squash, butter, onion, egg, crackers and salt and pepper.
- 7Place in buttered casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 302.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g