Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
They don’t really have to be square. I pipe them myself, but the ingredients are all in multiples of 2 (square get it). You can pipe them immediately or shape the dough like a cylinder, chill it and slice it. But the piping makes for a prettier cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Either use a piping bag to pipe them onto an ungreased cookie sheet, or shape the dough like a log, chill it for an hour in the fridge, and cut it into 1/8 inch thin slices.
- I bake them at 300F for 18 to 20 minutes
- Remove from cookie sheet right away onto a cool surface.
Excellent Cookies!! Very easy to bake and great with espresso coffee. My DH loved this recipe very much... he couldn't get enough! Thanks for posting.