Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend, Lisa, gave me this recipe. I don't know where she got it, but it is always a hit with everyone who has ever tried it. I usually mix it in a jar as it makes it easier to pour on to my salad. Use it on spinach and add crumbled bleu cheese, walnuts, craisins, pear, (whatever you like)etc.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) bag spinach, washed
- blue cheese, crumbled
- walnuts, chopped
- pear, diced
- Mix 1st 5 ingredients in a jar or small bowl.
- Add more dijon mustard and/or sugar to suit your tastes.
- Put spinach in serving bowl and add whatever ingredients you desire.
- Pour dressing over the salad and enjoy!
I dearly love this salad. I do make one substitution, per my family's taste, I sub goat cheese for bleu cheese... The dressing for this one is incredible! Thanks so much