Recipe by fleed
I have tried many different spaghetti sauce recipes and never been satisfied. But I LOVE this one. I have made it many times since I first came up with it. I don't usually add the sugar because the balsamic vinegar adds some sweetness.
Top Review by Sheepcake
This really is a delicious spaghetti sauce. I was surprised at how quickly it comes together. If your beef is thawed you can have a great meal together in less than 40 minutes. I loved the unique flavour the balsamic and worchestershire add. I did not add the sugar and couldn't find my parsley. When I make it next I may add some hot chile flakes for a little spice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef in a large pot. Remove beef and drain.
- Saute the onioin, celery and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pot and add all the other ingredients except salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot spaghetti with parmesan cheese.