Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This marinade amounts listed is enough for 1 pound of salmon fillets or salmon steaks, you may double but make two separate marinade recipes in two separate bowls (1 pound of salmon for each resealable bag) plan ahead the marinade needs to cool to room temperature before using and the salmon needs to marinate for 6-24 hours.
Top Review by Sharon123
I love this type of marinade and this did not let me down. I halved the recipe and marinated for a couple hours. Sauteed in pan and used the marinade for a glaze. Thanks for posting! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger (about a 1-inch piece)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened orange juice (use fresh if possible)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan heat soy sauce with olive oil.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, brown sugar and lemon pepper; bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
- Cool to room temperature (you may refrigerate until ready to use with the fish).
- Place the salmon in a resealable bag; pour the cooled marinade over, seal bag then turn to coat the salmon with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the fish from marinade (you may save the marinade to baste the fish while cooking if desired).
- Broil or grill the salmon.