Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
An absolutely delicious, easy to make, melt in your mouth coffee cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) pkge. butter recipe cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tbsps. dry cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and sugar.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 batter to greased and floured tube pan, then 1/2 topping, then remainder of batter, then remainder of topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes.