Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on The Food Network. I have tried many recipes that say soft cookies but never are. These are amazing!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces chocolate, cut into chunks (approx 1 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- In another bowl combine flour, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Add to butter mixture and then add chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
Such a good looking cookie! My hubby couldn't belive I made them from scratch. He loved them exactly as they were. I thought they were too sweet, so I think I will omit the white sugar altogether next time. Chewy, soft and sweet!
I can not take how good these cookies are. These are the best cc cookies ever! I used 1 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup white chocolate. Yummy. They are so versitile I could see putting nuts or craisins in them too!
can i join the 5star parade? i have to say i was a bit skeptical... my sister taught me yrs ago to sub crisco for butter (check the box for substitutions if you care to try it) and i swore i'd never only use butter again cuz they are ALWAYS soft w/crisco but this recipe doesn't lie! they WERE soft and delicious! thanks for posting luuvbunny! oh, also mine made 33 cookies- i thought they were decent size too....go fig :)