Recipe by LuuvBunny
I found this recipe on The Food Network. I have tried many recipes that say soft cookies but never are. These are amazing!
Top Review by Kendra in So Cal
Such a good looking cookie! My hubby couldn't belive I made them from scratch. He loved them exactly as they were. I thought they were too sweet, so I think I will omit the white sugar altogether next time. Chewy, soft and sweet!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces chocolate, cut into chunks (approx 1 1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; blend well.
- In another bowl combine flour, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Add to butter mixture and then add chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.