Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a creamy and most delicious smashed potato recipe! I leave the skins on for even extra flavor for this recipe, but you can peel the potatoes if you wish, I also add in roasted garlic that I keep frozen in my freezer, so good! This also makes a great topping for Shepherd's pie, russets only for this!
- 5 large russet potatoes, quartered
- 118.29 ml butter (no subs!)
- 29.58-59.16 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml whipped cream (or use 18% table cream)
- green onion, finely chopped (optional, use any amount desired)
- salt and pepper (lots of pepper!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 13-15 minutes or until just fork-tender (do not over cook the potatoes or your smashed potato mixture will be very soft, cook only until fork-tender!) drain well and place in a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are still hot add in butter and lightly mash.
- Add in the sour cream and whipping cream; mash but leave chunks in the potato mixture.
- Add in the chopped green onions (if using) mix to combine.
- Season with salt and lots of pepper to taste.