Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a creamy and most delicious smashed potato recipe! I leave the skins on for even extra flavor for this recipe, but you can peel the potatoes if you wish, I also add in roasted garlic that I keep frozen in my freezer, so good! This also makes a great topping for Shepherd's pie, russets only for this!
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 13-15 minutes or until just fork-tender (do not over cook the potatoes or your smashed potato mixture will be very soft, cook only until fork-tender!) drain well and place in a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are still hot add in butter and lightly mash.
- Add in the sour cream and whipping cream; mash but leave chunks in the potato mixture.
- Add in the chopped green onions (if using) mix to combine.
- Season with salt and lots of pepper to taste.
Best I have ever had,I used this on top of my Irish shepherd pie and it was absolutely delicious..I have a couple of this guy's recipes in my box and I just love them....
oh man these are heavenly potatoes not certain how large the potatoes were supposed to be mine were gigantic, made as stated used 1/4 cup sour cream, YUMMMMM! thanks kit
These potatoes are outstanding! I used Yukon Gold potatoes and left the skins on - it was delicious with them on. I used 2 T sour cream and all of the whipped cream. I found that I didn't really need to add much more salt, but I added lots of pepper. I served these with "Strapped Budget Salisbury Steak" but these potatoes are too good to cover up with gravy. Thanks for posting!