1/4 Photos of Delicious Smashed Potatoes
This is a creamy and most delicious smashed potato recipe! I leave the skins on for even extra flavor for this recipe, but you can peel the potatoes if you wish, I also add in roasted garlic that I keep frozen in my freezer, so good! This also makes a great topping for Shepherd's pie, russets only for this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 13-15 minutes or until just fork-tender (do not over cook the potatoes or your smashed potato mixture will be very soft, cook only until fork-tender!) drain well and place in a large bowl.
- 2While the potatoes are still hot add in butter and lightly mash.
- 3Add in the sour cream and whipping cream; mash but leave chunks in the potato mixture.
- 4Add in the chopped green onions (if using) mix to combine.
- 5Season with salt and lots of pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.0
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.8 g