Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a great dessert to make when apples are in season. I actually use this recipe in place of apple pie filling for my Easy 5-Minute Almost Cheesecake Dessert but it makes a great dessert topped with vanilla ice cream. The amounts listed will serve 3-4 people, but can easily be doubled if desired, adjust the brown sugar and cinnamon to taste.
Top Review by xpnsve
Outstanding! I doubled the recipe and used 6 tsp of cornstarch for a thicker consistency. These apples came out beautifully! I used them to top a cheesecake and drizzled the apples with a little caramel. Thanks so much for this recipe - I am in awe of you and you make me look so good!! :)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large tart apples (peeled cored and thinly sliced)
- 2 -3 teaspoons cornstarch (use 3 teaspoons for a thicker consistancy)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 6 -8 tablespoons brown sugar (or adjust to suit taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in apples.
- Cook stirring constantly until apples are almost tender (about 6-7 minutes, do not cook until very soft!).
- Dissolve the cornstarch cold in water or apple juice until smooth; add to skillet, then add in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, simmer stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and top with vanilla ice cream.