Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was a recipe that I originally got from allrecipes.com and have since modified. It is very simple and quick to make, but it yields one of the most delicious tasting roasts I've ever had. Be prepared for people to ask for seconds!
- 75 ml honey, room temperature
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 30 ml rosemary, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 15 ml oregano, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 ml coarse sea salt, freshly ground
- 5 ml mint, chopped (fresh or dried)
- Mix together all the ingredients. Taste and make adjustments to seasoning according to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, make several small slits into the leg of lamb to allow marinade to penetrate. Thoroughly baste the leg of lamb in the marinade.
- Place the lamb, along with the marinade, in a dish big enough to hold the meat. Pour the remaining marinade over it, and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow to marinate overnight, turning once. Baste meat once more before putting into the oven to roast.