Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe is from a lady in my hometown who is known for her cooking and abilities as a hostess. This dip was served at my high school graduation party many years ago. It is delicious and easy. It is best with fresh shrimp, but canned or frozen is fine too.(Time includes chilling)
- 1 lb boiled shrimp, shelled, de-veined and chopped or 2 cups canned shrimp, drained or 2 cups defrosted shrimp
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (if possible) or 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (if possible)
- 1⁄2 cup hot ketchup or 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic juice
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
- It is better the longer you let it chill before serving.