1/1 Photo of Delicious Shrimp Cocktail
Kitty Kat Cook's Note:
Even though I love shrimp I hated shrimp cocktail until a friend from work brought this for us! Shrimp cocktail kicked up a notch. There's six hours (not incl in prep time) of refrigeration time, so plan ahead!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled tail on (or more up to 2lbs)
- 20 ounces ketchup, at room temp (of choice)
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium white onions or 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (or more, Tapa Tio Brand preferred)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 Hass avocadoes, sliced
- 30 saltines or 30 salted crackers
- 1Bring water to a boil, add salt and shrimp (leave tails on). Boil for 3-4 mins or until pink, do not overcook. Strain shrimp out of the water (reserve the water). Shock the shrimp in icy cold water, to stop the cooking process. Remove the tails.
- 2Run water (the one you boiled the shrimp in) through a strainer to strain the grits.
- 3Put warm water and entire bottle of ketchup in a glass container, and whisk until well blended. To this sauce add in the onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and hot sauce. Stir. Last but not least add the shrimp.
- 4Seal the container and allow it to sit in the fridge for 6hrs-overnight. The longer the better. Serve with the avocados and crackers and enjoy!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Shrimp Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.9
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 258.7 mg
- Sodium 2775.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 41.3 g