Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This will warm you all the way down to your toes! It's got great flavor, it's not difficult, and it came to me via a Bon Appetit' magazine, and they never lie?!?!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb red snapper fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over med.-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and garlic until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain clams, reserving liquid.
- Add liquid to saucepan.
- Stir in tomato soup, clam juice and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Add snapper, shrimp, minced parsley, Italian seasoning and cayenne.
- Simmer until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in clams.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.