Recipe by Zeeva22
This recipe came from one of my chinese cookbooks and was simply fabulous. It is a quick delcious and impressive appetizer or side dish. You absolutely can subsitute shrimp, crab or other fish is you desire but I can tell you this was delicious as is!
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
- olive oil
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- garlic salt
- kebob stick
- horseradish sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- start by threading one end of a piece of bacon onto a kebab stick.
- add a scallop, then thread the bacon over the stick with scallop.
- add a mussel, then thread the bacon over the stick with the mussel.
- repeat these steps going back and forth with the bacon, alternating with the bacon, like a ribbon, until the bacon is finished.
- this should take about five to six pieces of seafood total for each stick.
- after using up all the bacon and seafood, brush olive oil over kebabs then sprinkle on both sides lightly with the garlic salt.
- putting the breadcrumbs in a flat plate, turn the kebabs, one at a time, until they are completely coated on all sides.
- Place in a non-stick pan and place under the broiler for 4 minutes each side.
- Serve plain or with some horseradish sauce.