1/3 Photos of Delicious Saucy Carrots
This is a great side dish that my mom used to make all the time. Typical Czech cuisine. We serve it with pasta or potatoes and chicken breast. I make this quite often as my DH loves it. Sometimes I add baby pea for more color. It is easy put together and delicious inexpensive meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large sauce pan put carrots, water, chicken cube, salt and sugar.
- 2Cover and bring to boil. When starts to boil lower the heat and let it simmer until carrots is soft but still has a shape about 25min.
- 3When carrots is almost cooked make your roux.
- 4In a small sauce pan melt butter add flour and cook for 2-3min. don't let it brown. Stir with wooden spoon all the time. Slowly add this flour mixture - roux to cooked simmering carrots. Stir well.
- 5Let it cook for another 5min. Turn of the heat add vinegar it will bring out more flavor.
- 6Taste if needs more salt or sugar.
- 7Serve as a side dish with boiled potatoes or pasta and meat of your choice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Saucy Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 1098.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g