1/3 Photos of Delicious Sane Baked Sufganiot (Doughnuts) for Hanukkah
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Smadar's Sane Way Cc's Note:
This filled with oil Holiday can be more enjoyable with those AMAZING Sufganiot. They have less than 30% fat and they are so delicious, you won't believe they were not dipped in oil. You can make them Doughnut stile, or in muffin pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup water (lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 70 g butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50 g butter, melted (for the end of baking)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, mixed with
- powdered sugar (serving decoration)
- 1*** You may substitute the butter with non dairy margarine and the milk with orange juice to make these sufganiot Pareve.
- 2Put the milk & butter in a small pot, and warm lightly until butter melts.
- 3Put on the side until milk & butter mixture is lukewarm.
- 4Melt the yeasts in a small bowl with the lukewarm water and the 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 5Put on the side, in a warm place, covered with clean kitchen towel for about 10 minute – until mixture rises.
- 6In a large bowl, using a kitchen mixer (on high speed) bit whole eggs + nutmeg + ¼ cup sugar.
- 7Lower mixer speed and add the raised yeast mixture.
- 8Continue on low speed - add the lukewarm milk mixture.
- 9Add the 2 cups of flour until dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- 10Put mixer away.
- 11Using a firm fork continue and add the rest of the flour gradually until dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- 12> Dough is quite sticky – do not touch it at this point with your hands.
- 13Put bowl in a warm place for an hour, covered with a clean kitchen towel until dough doubles and more its height.
- 14>>> Sufganiot in a 12 Muffin Baking Pan:.
- 15Grease well each “Muffin chamber” with a brush. Use the melted butter that’s waiting to the end of baking.
- 16Cover working area with lots of flour.
- 17Take a small portion of dough in your fingertips, and place it on floured working area.
- 18Roll it until all of it is covered with flour. (You won’t be able to work it without the flour – the dough is very sticky…).
- 19Pick the covered-in-flour piece of dough, and create with your hands a ball – in a size of approximately a ping-pong ball.
- 20Place the “ball” in one of the greased “chambers”.
- 21Continue doing so until all chambers are filled.
- 22Place pan in a warm place, covered with a clean kitchen towel, for 30-40 minute until dough rises outside the “chamber”.
- 23Bake in oven (350 F) for about 10 minute until the Sufganiot are lightly golden-brown and the smell drives you nuts….
- 24Take pan out of the oven – and while the Sufganiot are still very hot brush them with the melted butter that waits on the side ‘till now.
- 25Using you fingers, sprinkle sugar & cinnamon mixture on top of the Sufganiot.
- 26Take the Sufganiot out of the pan, and place them on a nice serving tray.
- 27In this stage, you can also inject jam, dulce-de-letche or chocolate into the middle of the Sufganiya. (Was not calculated!).
- 28Sprinkle sugar powder - And Enjoy!
- 29>>> Doughnut- shaped Sufganiot:.
- 30Cover working area with a lot of flour.
- 31Take a portion of dough in your fingertips, and place it on floured working area.
- 32Using the palms of your hands, flatten the dough until it’s about 1/2 an inch in height.
- 33Using a drinking glass, create circles.
- 34I created the hole in the middle using an eye cream clean lid.
- 35Cover a flat baking pan with parchment paper and brush it with melted butter (…that’s sits on the side waiting ‘till the end of baking.).
- 36Place the doughnut-shaped Sufganiot on paper – space them a bit….
- 37Place pan in a warm place, covered with a clean kitchen towel, for 30-40 minute until the doughnut-shaped Sufganiot are about twice the original size.
- 38Bake in oven (350 F) for about 10 minute until the doughnut-shaped Sufganiot are lightly golden-brown and the smell drives you nuts….
- 39Take pan out of the oven – and while the Sufganiot are still very hot brush them with the melted butter that waits on the side ‘till now.
- 40Using you fingers, sprinkle sugar & cinnamon mixture on top of the Sufganiot.
- 41Take the Sufganiot out of the pan, and place them on a nice serving tray.
- 42Sprinkle sugar powder - And Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Sane Baked Sufganiot (Doughnuts) for Hanukkah
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g