Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for get togethers! This can be doubled if desired, if you are doubling the recipe I would suggest to use 1 can of red salmon and one can of pink due to cost factor. I have served this many times formed in a fish mold (see note on bottom).
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon (preferably red salmon)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped (can use white or green)
- 1 -2 teaspoon horseradish
- lemon pepper (can use black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped parsley (or to taste, or to taste)
- Drain the salmon (squeeze out any excess moisture with hands) and remove the skin and bones.
- Combine the salmon with the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, salt, lemon pepper (or black pepper) and liquid smoke flavoring; mix well to combine.
- Shape the salmon mixture into a form of a log (about 8 x 8-inches long).
- Combine the finely chopped nuts with the parsley, and coat the outside of the salmon log with the nut mixture.
- Place the log onto serving plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill for a minimum of 5 hours before serving (overnight is even better).
- *NOTE* if you are molding the salmon, chill the mold for a minimum of 8 hours (or overnight is even better) before unmolding onto serving plate.
- Sprinkle the top of the salmon with the parsley/nut mixture before serving.
- Serve with crispy crackers.