Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A supremely tasty treat!
- 4 -6 beets
- 12 ounces pizzazz orange cranberry and almond salad mix
- 6 ounces chevre cheese, crumbled
- 5 ounces spinach or 5 ounces watercress or 5 ounces arugula
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the beets (leave whole!) Cook until they are tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Rub skins off under cool running water with a towel.
- Toss the beets with the oj, vinegar & salt & pepper.
- Arrange greens in a bowl, top with beets & salad pizzazz. You can add more oj/vinegar/salt/pepper to taste.
- Also great with a little sliced apple!