Prep 2 hrs
Cook 48 hrs
I have always preferred my beef ribs grilled that is until I tried this slow long roasting method --- prep time includes marinating time.
- 396.89 g bottle ketchup
- 118.29 ml maple syrup or 118.29 ml honey
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml fresh minced garlic (to taste) (optional)
- 3 finely chopped green onions or 118.29 ml chives
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce (optional) or 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1814.36 g meaty beef ribs
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except the beef, and adjust seasonings to taste (the sauce should have a good balance of sweet and savory flavors).
- Place the ribs in a large bowl, and coat with the sauce.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or as long as 48 hours, turning the ribs every so often.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Drain the ribs (reserving the sauce), and place them in a large roasting pan, bone-side down.
- Brush with sauce, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and turn the ribs over, brush with additional sauce, bake for another 30 minutes.
- Turn one more time, brush with the remaining sauce, and bake for another 35-40 minutes, or until ribs are tender, basting every so often.
- Note: the sauce may be doubled if desired.
Another winner Kittencal! The only thing that I did differently was to drain the pan at every basting. We really liked the addition of cinnamon and allspice to the marinade.<br/><br/> @ Mz.Mike One would think that someone who knows what type of beef the rest of the world is eating, has such bright white teeth, and obviously impressive jaw muscles, would also know what method of cooking he prefers, rather than offering thinly veiled insults and a completely different recipe.
Actually, I didn't use the marinade, I used a rub. But I did use the roasting technique and it turned out delicious. I have been looking for a way to get good ribs in the oven since my apartment complex won't let me grill on my balcony!
The sauce was great!! I wish I had marinated the ribs longer but they were delicious. I can't wait to try it on chicken. Thanks AGAIN Kittencal. You can do no wrong in my cookbook!