3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
Soraiya Wilkins's Note:
We usually buy extra turkeys around Thanksgiving when they are on sale and I always experiment with different spices and I tried this and it was delicious. It also makes its own gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Remove bag containing turkey parts from cavity.
- 3Rinse turkey and let drain.
- 4Place turkey inside of Dutch Oven or a roaster.
- 5Put salt, lemon pepper, poultry seasoning all over turkey including inside of cavity.
- 6Place butter slices under skin and inside cavity.
- 7Place carrot halves and onion inside cavity.
- 8Pour broth over turkey and in pan.
- 9Add bouillons and cover with lid. Put turkey in oven and let cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 10Turn oven down to 250 and let cook 3 more hours.
- 11Occasionally basting with broth in bottom of pan. To brown the turkey, remove lid during last 30-45 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven, let stand 15 minutes or so and then it is ready to serve.
- 13This recipe is really easy and it makes a delicious turkey!
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1483.7
- Calories from Fat 662
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 617.7 mg
- Sodium 1305.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 187.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes