Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is soooo good on ice cream, cheesecake, mixed in yogurt, drizzled on angel food cake, or anything your heart desires.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the raspberries, jam, and lemon zest in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally and cook for 6-8 minutes or till the desired consistency, stirring constantly.
- Press the mixture through a sieve discarding the seeds and lemon zest.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir in a mixture of lemon juice and cornstarch mixed.
- Cook over medium heat till thickened, stirring constantly.
- Chill, covered, stirring occasionally during the cooling process.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream or whatever you want.